The 1772 Foundation held its 2013 first quarter meeting in New York City on January 17 and 18. Business included awarding 22 grants to 21 revolving funds for historic properties redevelopment and a grant to the National Trust for Historic Preservation for real estate training at its National Preservation Conference, October 29 – November 2, in Indianapolis. In addition to their business meeting, trustees attended presentations by representatives of the New York Landmarks Conservancy, the Historic House Trust of New York City, and Partners for Sacred Places.
The Conservancy's Fund Manager, Karen Ansis, discussed program-related investing; a non-grant means to support nonprofits. From the Historic House Trust, Franklin D. Vagnone, Executive Director, and Meredith Sorin Horsford, Deputy Director, presented The Anarchist Guide to Historic House Museums. Their theme was the need for innovative thinking about historic house museums, especially in terms of new and untraditional ways to engage the public.
Tuomi Forrest, Executive Vice President, Partners for Sacred Places, discussed the value of congregations' architectural assets, worth as faith communities, and the significance of their service, economic and otherwise, to communities.
|Program-related investment information session conducted by Karen Ansis, New York Landmarks Conservancy||The 1772 Foundation Trustees at the Colony Club. From left: B. Danforth Ely, President, G. Stanton Geary, Vice President, Dr. Robert Raynolds, Dr. Gretchen Sorin, Dr. Nancy Davis.|